Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reversed Hebrew

A very weird new bug just popped up on my radar. Two people just emailed me from Israel saying that the Hebrew was reversed. I intentionally reverse the text in the app because the iPhone doesn't flow text properly from right-to-left (this is fixed in 3.0). Do phones in Israel display Hebrew correctly?

Alternatively, I think they were both jailbroken, because I don't think the iPhone is officially available in Israel. Maybe the jailbreaking (correctly) fixed Hebrew support.

Either way, I'm adding an option to reverse Hebrew into the next update.

[Update]: Just tried it on my friend's jailbroken phone, and it worked fine. Must be something specific about international phones. Maybe the unlocking procedure? Very weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment